Monday, February 09, 2009

Immobile

I'm currently helping my Chiropractor save up to put his two kids in college.

My lower back has been giving me fits for a number of years now, often seizing up completely in opportune times...like when I was leading a summer project in Croatia last June.

On Saturday morning I went and did some Nordic Skiing with some friends and by nightfall I couldn't really walk, stand up, sit down, or assume the prone position without any pain. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm becoming close friends with Dr. Anderson who I will see for the second time today in a few hours.

Back injury has got to be one of the most demoralizing injuries ever. I can't "do" anything. What an interesting reminder that my significance isn't dependent on what I do (or don't do).

So now I lay here in bed waiting for my back to stop yelling at me.

No comments: