Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Politics or comedy you decide...

Last night MSU hosted a debate between Conrad Burns (R), John Tester (D) and Stan Jones (Libertarian) ....and I attended. Now you must understand that this race is becoming national news because its a hotly contested seat in the Senate that the Democrats are hoping to take back. It was actually televised on C-span...did you miss it?

Before I get to serious I've got to tell you that this debate was more like 3 cartoon characters facing off and pointing fingers at each other. Sure there were some serious moments but the comedy overshadowed it all.

Conrad Burns accusing Jones being affiliated with the mafia and Tester being a terrorist. Tester accusing Burns of taking away our civil rights forever and supporting a federal tax of 23%. But by far the most outlandish statement came from Stan Jones...apparently President Bush has been in secret meetings with Canada and Mexico about creating a super highway through North America and creating one currency...the 'Amero.' It was like he was crazy...pointing fingers, yelling and telling everyone that everything is unconstitutional! "Do away with Government!" The crowd goes wild!

All that to say...I'm tired of politics. I used to pay close attention and give my two sense, but I tired of it all. I just feel skeptical that whoever I vote for can accomplish much of anything....but have a great day.

3 comments:

burek said...

Jonezy was CRAAAZZZYY! i mean crazy...i think i'll vote for him.

Anonymous said...

Did you used to give your "two sense" or your "two cents" when it came to politics?

Matt said...

I like to give my two senses....smelling and feeling.